If you’re just getting started with your business, you probably haven’t had the time to set up your review pages yet. Below you can find three step-by-step guides to setting up review pages from Yelp, Facebook and Google. Straight and to the point so you can get back to doing what you do best – running your business!
Why set up a review page?
Online tools like Yelp, Facebook Business Pages and Google Business Pages help you boost your online presence. Aside from getting feedback from your clients, reviews increase your business’s visibility and in-turn will help you book more appointments.
However, reviews can also be harmful for your business. Make sure you are listening to constructive criticism and responding to all reviews – both good and bad! In the long run, your audience will appreciate your transparency.
How to Set Up a Google Business Page
1. Go to google.com/business
2. Click “Manage”
3. Either sign in or create a Google account.
4. Click “Add Your Business to Google”
5. Type in the name of your business.
6. Add your business category – spa, nail salon, eyebrow bar, etc.
7. Add the location of your business.
8. Type in your contact information and website (if you have one).
9. Click “Finish”
10. Confirm your address – your Google Business page will not go live until you confirm the location.
11. Click “Next”
12. Add your services – facials, lash extensions, Swedish massage, etc.
13. Add your hours of operation.
14. Add a description of your business – 1-2 sentences that describe the services you offer and the vibe of your brand.
15. Add photos of your business – think quality over quantity.
16. Click “Manage Profile” – from here you can respond to reviews, create posts and manage ads.
How to Set Up the Reviews Tab on Your Facebook Business Page
1. Go to the Facebook Business Manager Suite – business.facebook.com
2. Click “Settings”
3. Go to “Page Settings”
4. Click “Templates and Tabs”
5. Find and click “Reviews”
6. Toggle to “ON”
7. Click “Save”
8. Copy the review page link to send to clients in follow-up emails or use in other marketing collateral.
How to Set Up a Yelp Page for Your Business
1. Go to biz.yelp.com
2. Type in the zip code where your business is located and your business name.
3. Type in you business's information.
4. Create an account.
5. Confirm your email and sign into your account.
6. Decline any offers that pop up and click through to your Yelp dashboard. Once you start to grow your business, you may way to pay for Yelp’s advertising and customization services, for now you can stick with the free stuff.
As a new beauty professional, it can feel overwhelming when trying to get all of your marketing strategies up and running. From social media pages to websites to business cards, the list goes on and on.
Dedicating 15 minutes to set up review pages is an easy way to grow your business, reach your target clients and book more appointments. We hope this quick and easy blog post helps you reach your full potential in this industry 💙